Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MAXTRAX traction ramps group buy. 99 West Offroad:)

Lightbulb MAXTRAX traction ramps group buy. 99 West Offroad:)

Group buy on Maxtrax Traction ramps: 99 West Offroad is going to offer group buy on MAXTRAX traction ramps. There needs to be a minimum interest of 10 sets for the group buy pricing to be offered. It is simple: Retail for the MAXTRAX traction ramps is $300.00 plus freight. We are going to offer the MAXTRAX traction ramps for a good price no freight if you pick them up at our Sherwood location. So if you are interested in the group buy post up and send me a pm with your email and phone# and how many sets you would like. I will add you to the list and once the order of 10 sets has been met I will contact everyone and money will be collected and ramps will be ready for pickup.

Good info to read:
    Traction ramps are one of those recovery tools that once you have used them and have them you do not want to be without them. I would personally tell someone who is planning on buying the cheapest winch to save your money and buy a set of MAXTRAX. Then save up and buy the proper winch. Traction ramps can be used for so many things. Getting a car un-stuck at the ski lodge, TransAmerica trail, beach driving, emergency back board, over a rock, further down the trail, leveling the truck or trailer for the RTT, desert race truck and more…..

We tried to be able to offer another plastic brand of traction ramps, hoping to find a less expensive option then MAXTRAX. First I looked at the smittybilt ramps and that was all I needed, a simple look, to understand that they were not going to last, I did not even waste the time to buy them and test them. Next I worked with TJM and got a set of TRED’s. I was hoping that these would hold up, well no. They worked well but they would crack down the center as soon as you used them. I sent the 1st set back to TJM and tried out the warranty. Warranty was pretty easy and they sent another set. Sure enough I cracked the 2nd set, I called TJM and told them straight forward what I was doing and experiencing. I was not rude or mad I just stated that I don’t want to be involved in selling a product that is going to fail the first time someone uses it. Yes they have a lifetime warranty, but I don’t want to spend my whole lifetime processing warranty claims on the treds and what good is a warranty when you are stuck with a set of broken traction ramps. I told TJM, “maybe if someday TRED’s decides to improve their ramps we would be interested in them.” TJM informed me, “that will probably never happen,” fair enough. It was MAXTRAX for the win we have done a lot of pure strength test with these and had no issues.

Here is a direct response quote from MAXTRAX when we told them the issue we were having with knock off brands.
    Mate,

We saw the same kind of situation in Australia when the Treds came out. They had to remove a lot of features found in the MAXTRAX that were protected by the patent. At first TJM stores stopped carrying MAXTRAX, but when the public found out what crap they were the TJM stores ordered the MAXTRAX again. They stopped selling the Tred's at ARB stores and they are going to be removed from the OZ market altogether because the strength of patents there and poor product. We've seen this several times where an inferior brand comes out, liquidates the market, then is forced out because of our patent or inferior quality. MAXTRAX are made from a DuPont industrial grade reinforced short thread nylon that costs 20 times more than the high density polyethylene others use and are the main reason MAXTRAX cost as much as they do. When developing the product Brad put as much into them as he could to make them the best. OK, enough back to business.

I hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    Hope this information will help you understand why 99 West Offroad believes MAXTRAX is the only plastic traction ramp out there worth relying on when necessary. Back to the Group Buy.
    Cameron.

Broken TRED

MAXTRAX-trusted by militaries

MAXTRAX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current list and quantity: If you do not specify color, your color will be safety orange. CLICK HERE if YOU WANT TO PICK A DIFFERENT COLOR OTHER THEN SAFETY ORANGE.
    *1. Loud Al-1 set-MTX02SO
    2. Xplrn42- 1 set-MTX02OD-Olive drab
    *3. Joshyddog-2 set-MTX02SO
    *4. expeditionnw-1 set MTX0OD-olive drab
    *5. 93FZJ-1 set -MTX02SO
    *6.Pete-1 set MTX02SO
    *7. PDXAndy-1 set MTX02SO
    *8.Steve-1 set MTX02FJY-fj yellow
    *9. NW Wheeler.1 set MTX02FJB-Blue
    *10.wuulf- 1 set MTX02SO
    11.Pritchnakoff - 1 set MTX0SO or MTX02BK
    12. Cascadian-2 sets/ 1 MTX0SO and 1 MTX0OD or MTX0Bk- Safety orange and black or Olive Drab if no black.
    Last edited by cam-shaft; 05-08-2014 at 05:54 AM.

Cam.....your taking all my money!!
    Put me down for a set. Will they be the safety orange?
    -Lance
    --Red FJ
    ---KG7ZZB

A rough road is a filter NW Wheeler's Avatar
    Cameron, Was it you testing traction ramps several months ago? If so, could you post up the link in this thread? Thanks
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser - (the automotive version of granite), Triple Locked, 285/75R16 Wrangler MT/Rs, OME 2 1/2" lift, Metal Tech sliders, Slee & Custom skids, ARB & 4X4 Labs bumpers, Zeon 10-S

Orange only for this order, or any color?
    2015 Toyota Tacoma DCLB

Sold - 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    3.5" lift, 35" km2s, Ursa Minor pop-up camper, various stuff from teraflex, arb, Yukon, synergy, metalcloak, expedition-one, tom woods, warn, truck lite, jw speaker, spod, etc etc

i dont know what that truck is but i want one
    1984 Chevy k20 350ci smallblock w/ 700r4, 6" lift 38.5's boggers, Custom front bumper, PCS hydro asset steering, Offroad Design crossover steering, and Reid racing steer knuckle,

Put me down!
    2005 ford ranger edge 4x4, as of right now all stock but the skid plats.
    1984 ford ranger 4x4,rusty body lift, with 31s

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Wondering same, black or green on the menu?

Quote Originally Posted by NW Wheeler View Post
    Cameron, Was it you testing traction ramps several months ago? If so, could you post up the link in this thread? Thanks
    I had the TRED's at the Ollalie snow run and they worked great but cracked, I also had them at the last little snow run and we finished them off, we let The Min chevy/swamper combo eat them for lunch.
    http://gitout.com/showthread.php?149...-March-16-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I was wanting to go with signature Orange for the group buy so that MAXTRAX could gain more product recognition in the NW, but I will do any color they offer that you want for this order.

Quote Originally Posted by themin View Post
    i dont know what that truck is but i want one
    It is pretty sweet

Quote Originally Posted by expeditionnw View Post
    Wondering same, black or green on the menu?
    Black is popular so lower in stock but we can do it.

Cameron.

MTX02OD for me please!

I want at least one set in Orange, I am going to try and talk the wife into 2 sets. Any chance of delivery to gitout event?
    Your CB sucks and you know it!

1993 Land Cruiser FZJ80 Bad Maw
    My adventures