Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: CVT Cascadia Vehicle Tents : Excellent Value in Roof Top Tent

Post CVT Cascadia Vehicle Tents : Excellent Value in Roof Top Tent

Here's a great review for the Cascadia Vehicle Tents. It demonstrates how the roof top tent is setup. This family was traveling from Alaska to Argentina with their 5 kids and using the roof tent for camping along the way. One of the biggest advantages of the roof tent is the quick setup and tear down. It also allows for comfortable camping on any terrain assuming you level your vehicle first.

This is an affordable alternative to the ARB Roof Tents. As a bonus they are local NW company based out of Bend, Oregon. These unique style tents aren't for everyone but sure are unique and the perfect addition to any expedition vehicle. Check them out: http://www.cascadiatents.com/

-
    2003 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 20th Anniversary - balding highway tires, 1 flat tire, ripped up rear bumper, foggy headlights... survived the Trans-America Trail and ready to be fixed up.

-Peter

those r awesome tents, i would love to have one!

Im gonna look under my mattress to see if i have a spare $1000
    1995 Mitsubishi Montero SR, factory rear locker, stock 4.63 gears, 2" lift on 32" BFG ATs

I've been very happy with mine.

CVT Group Buy?!

Hey guys,

cam-shaft and have been looking into these pretty seriously now as well and I have contacted CVT by email and Twitter to see what it would take to get a group buy and what kind of discount we'd be talking about. I did get a quick response on Twitter saying they are totally up for it - so far I think we're in a good spot. I put a bit more detail into my email inquiry and hopefully we can generate a good deal. In anticipation of such offer, I'd like to get working on how many guys here would actually throw down the cash/credit should this come about?

I'm gonna throw this up on a couple other forums as well: T4R, T120, PNW Backroad Adventures, Northwest Overland Society, perhaps Expedition Overland and Expedition Portal as well to see about getting the best traction. Look for those to start up tonight and if you guys are on any other forums, please post there and report back.

====================
    2004 4Runner Sport V6 - Silver
    BFG KM2 285/70/17 | Shrockworks Sliders | Spidertrax FF | TRD CAI | TRD Valve Stem Caps | Camburg UCAs
    Toytec C/O Lift 3/2 | Custom Rack | iPod Controls | R Diff Breather | Cobra 29 LTD BT | Custom End Links | Weather Tech Liners | Custom Rear Drawers

For doing a local rooftop tent group buy might you consider working with a company down the road? I'm down the road in Salem, my Compact Camping Concepts has been in the rooftop tent business for 5 year. I'm a dealer for Mombasa Outdoors & FrontRunner. I have also designed and offer the only in the US manufactured, DIY trailer top tent unit. Visit www.top-tent.com to check us out. Thanks for your consideration.
    Scott
    Compact Camping Concepts
    1992 Suzuki Sidekick, OME lift & 235s

Quote Originally Posted by schaney View Post
    For doing a local rooftop tent group buy might you consider working with a company down the road? I'm down the road in Salem, my Compact Camping Concepts has been in the rooftop tent business for 5 year. I'm a dealer for Mombasa Outdoors & FrontRunner. I have also designed and offer the only in the US manufactured, DIY trailer top tent unit. Visit www.top-tent.com to check us out. Thanks for your consideration.
    Schaney, I had started the ball rolling via several other threads and research I've done on the tents (see the sticky on this topic); I think for the price, quality, weight, locality this is the best option for me, don't want to stop others from viewing your options though as your site and available product look really good! Lastly, based on my update (to follow) not sure what you might consider in beating their offer?

Thanks and good luck!
    ====================
    BFG KM2 285/70/17 | Shrockworks Sliders | Spidertrax FF | TRD CAI | TRD Valve Stem Caps | Camburg UCAs
    Toytec C/O Lift 3/2 | Custom Rack | iPod Controls | R Diff Breather | Cobra 29 LTD BT | Custom End Links | Weather Tech Liners | Custom Rear Drawers

Just got word back from CVT; I inquired about using their "winter offer" as a baseline as they offered 20% off last Nov/Dec and perhaps more considering group interest; here is response:

<start_quote>
    I will do 25% 10-17 tents and 30% om 18 or more. How is that?

Thanks for your enthusiasm!

Bobby

Robert Culpepper :-)

CVT/Cascadia Vehicle Tents
    www.cascadiatents.com
    541-312-8368 (TENT)
    "Like" us on Facebook
    <end_quote>

Counting cam-shaft and myself, have 8 interested parties; just two more and we meet the first milestone! I have this posted on 5 other forums and hoping to get some serious folks.

I sent a note back to Bobby, advising that we'd probably want a time frame for cut-off and some sort of campaign code to mention for the discount so we can make the orders - if we don't get the 10+ mark, I'll see about extending the standard offer.

Thanks and please serious folks only at this point!
    ====================

Thanks for your feedback. It does not make sure for me to get into a “bidding war” with CVT. No marketing hype, just a few data points for your consideration.

Mombasa Outdoors and CVT tent units are functionally equivalent. The design and construction method on these units are the same. The minor difference is in fabric used, IMHO the fabrics used are functionally equivalent.

When you compare the price points, you will see there is a notable difference our advertised prices and shipping cost. Part of this is because CVT tent units come bundled with a changing room. The local pickup cash price on a Standard model Mombasa tent unit is 20% less that the equivalent Mt. Bachelor CVT model. No need for a group buy to get a good price on a quality tent unit.

If you have five+ people ready to purchase tent units for local pickup or shipping to the same place, I can offer better pricing due to reduced shipping cost. I am happy to provide quotes for these, please contact me directly.
    Scott
    Compact Camping Concepts
    1992 Suzuki Sidekick, OME lift & 235s

Bump for today, I've picked up another interested party from T4R, and Mythalas (Adam) from here has expressed interest along with a possible friend! If we are all truly on board, that gives us 10 and a possible friend for 11! Only 7 more real interests and we are at 30% discount! This buy has now also spread to a Pathfinder Forum and an FJ Cruiser Forum, getting out to 8 different sites for generation - got to love the internet!
    ====================

Expeditioners and 4x4 Enthusiasts,

Good news, I spoke with Bobby tonight in person - really great guy! He's just as excited for the buy as we are and he's not getting a sweet RTT out of it! We've agreed that a good cut-off date is the week prior to the 4th of July holiday (29-June, Friday) as the cut-off. This should allow for any purchases to get in our hands prior to the holiday should any of us have extended expedition plans for the holiday weekend and is still three weeks away! Bobby, has also confirmed that the discount will be good for all Awnings, Tents (all models), and Trailers that we would like to purchase so no holds barred on the items, woot woot!!!!

For the Nissan guys, he posted up a Nissan section this evening check-out the new pics showing off the tents on your rigs and even some cars!
    Inventory, as of right now he is fully stocked with all available inventory; minus the Mt. St. Helens hard top, but will have more ready and available by next weekend!

Alright everyone, I think this covers off all outstanding questions, now it's time to check our pocket books, hone in the model and item(s) you want and really confirm back.
    Cascadia Vehicle Roof Top Tents

Thanks again to all interested, I am getting pumped!
    ====================