Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Operation Trail Tank

Block is boxed up waiting for pick up.

20181127_101700-1612x907.jpg

Gonna tidy up a few things so it is ready to sell.
    Biff - short for Bifford aka - Byph
    There is no best vehicle. It depends on the terrain, tires, driver, luck, and lots of happenstance.
    84 Wagoneer 'Trail Tank' - 35 SSRs, 8274, Detroits, FrankinLift and soft leather.
    Check out my Tank Thread - http://gitout.com/showthread.php?222...ion-Trail-Tank
    barefootrunnerd:
    "No helmet needed on this run, only on some of Biffs"

Need to buy this with all your real estate cash! So cool.

https://expeditionportal.com/jeep-gl...ally-unveiled/
    2010 Winnie View - Tuned, 31" Duratrac, 2" Lift, ARB Dual Compressor, 920W Solar, Compressor Fridge/Freezer
    1998 Tacoma - 37s, ARBs, Dual Cases and Blower.
    1998 Ravi - Manual, 2DR, Convertible!

-Peter

I really dont like the look of that. Plus the interior is too cramped for me. If I were to get a truck, it would be the new Chevy/Diesel
    There is no best vehicle. It depends on the terrain, tires, driver, luck, and lots of happenstance.
    84 Wagoneer 'Trail Tank' - 35 SSRs, 8274, Detroits, FrankinLift and soft leather.
    Check out my Tank Thread - http://gitout.com/showthread.php?222...ion-Trail-Tank
    barefootrunnerd:

It is a bit funky looking. Mostly because the wheelbase is 137". They probably should have designed the cab portion for a truck and tightened things up. Still a cool thing for Jeep to build. A 2 door version would be more usable wheelbase and better proportions.
    2010 Winnie View - Tuned, 31" Duratrac, 2" Lift, ARB Dual Compressor, 920W Solar, Compressor Fridge/Freezer
    1998 Tacoma - 37s, ARBs, Dual Cases and Blower.
    1998 Ravi - Manual, 2DR, Convertible!

-Peter

The Jeep Gladiator doesn't look bad though I prefer a "real" truck.

Slowly getting back into business with the Tank. I found an engine in Damascus. A guy is pulling his whole drivetrain and Iam picking it up on Thursday. I will put the engine (mild build) in the Tank to get it on the road, rebuild the T18 trans and the Dana 20 Tcase. Maybe keep them for something else not sure.
    Should be rolling in an few weeks.
    barefootrunnerd:

Glad to hear it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    ~Rodney
    '05 LJ Rubicon. 3.75" suspension + 1.25" body lift with Currie adjustable links tuned to fit 35" MTRs.

It is here:
    20190822_201015-1612x907.jpg

AMC 360, T18 Trans and Dana 20 Tcase
    It came with all the brackets, linkage and pedals for the T18. I may swap it out not sure. If you dont know, the T18 is a 4 speed that has a 6.something 1st gear (granny gear) that with my 4:1 Tcase and 4.10 gears might be pretty sweet
    Also came with headers, Holley 600 Carb, Edlebrock SP2P manifold , new starter, new alternator. The guy didn't want anything tossed it all in the trailer. I will start working on it tomorrow to find out more.
    Last edited by cjsrebiff; 08-22-2019 at 08:23 PM.
    barefootrunnerd:

awesome!!!!
    will your "efi" stuff work on this set up???
    granny gear would be sweeeeet!!!
    only issue with the 4speed.... according to my own experience... itd be nice to have a gear inbtween 3rd & 4th
    (i count granny as 1st gear. some call it low & 3sp tranny)
    Last edited by Weiler; 08-22-2019 at 10:35 PM.
    2019 yamaha wolverine x2 r spec
    4wd with locking diffs
    29s with matching spare!!!
    winch on the way

tow rig
    1995 dodge 4x cummins

Yep the fuel injection will work on this one. I dont remember how 3rd and 4th work on the T18. It has been quite a while since I've drivin something with one. (90s with my old Cherokee). Probably won't swap... I gotta remember I will probably sell it.
    barefootrunnerd: