Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: June 9-11, 2017 | Oregon | Badger Lake Camping!

Cool June 9-11, 2017 | Oregon | Badger Lake Camping!

DSC00797.jpg

Gitout Group Camping Trip to Badger Lake! This is a great opportunity to dust off the camping gear and hang out with fun people. Totally FREE!

Date: June 9-11, 2017
    Destination: Badger Lake
    Meeting Time: Arrive when you want. Leave when you want. Convoy if desired.
    Meeting Place: Lake

Cost: FREE!
    Permits Required: None
    Communication: CB, HAM, 2 Way Radios, Smoke Signals, Cans with String
    Vehicle requirements: Runs and Drives. Bring Standard Equipment. Required Items Here

Info: https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/mtho...a/?recid=52784

The road in is rough and rocky. There are multiple routes (easier and more scenic fun). Not ideal for trailers as it is very narrow going down to the lake. You might be alright with something small. What is the plan? Campfire hang out, fishing, canoe, kayak, paddle board, hiking, mt biking, driving / exploring... Whatever you are into. Bring your recreational stuff. Or just come and chill. Just a fun, low key weekend on a lake.

This campground is first come. Arrive early for pick of camping spots. Post up if you are available to come Friday and help reserve spots. It's a small campground and will likely fill up (especially with our group). Let's take it over for the weekend.

Who's In & Scheduled Arrival:
    Venturer (Peter) - Friday by early afternoon
    AEV_LJ (Rodney) - Friday early afternoon
    Dropzone (Robb) - Friday morning
    Weiler (Mike) - Friday morning|
    the great him (Isaac) -
    Andrew (Andy) - Sat Night
    03rubi -
    barefootrunnerd (Lance + Friends) - Friday afternoon or Saturday
    2016 Toyota Tundra DC Limited - Icon, Deaver, and Hawk FWC. (45k happy miles)
    1998 Tacoma - 37s, ARBs, Cases and Blower.

-Peter

Awesome! I'll be there by early afternoon on Friday.
    ~Rodney
    '05 LJ Rubicon. 3.75" suspension + 1.25" body lift with Currie adjustable links tuned to fit 35" MTRs.

Web Wheeler
    I am in for this. I can head up there early friday..good time to break in the 4runner
    robb

1994 4Runner - Work In Progress aka: project Recycle

Wheel Responsibly

Bummer we will be in finals with the kids. I dont think thay would want to bring their books.
    Last edited by cjsrebiff; 04-07-2017 at 06:47 AM.
    Biff - short for Bifford aka - Byph
    There is no best vehicle. It depends on the terrain, tires, driver, luck, and lots of happenstance.
    84 Wagoneer 'Trail Tank' - 255/85r16 Toyos, Warn x2, Detroits, FrankinLift and soft leather.

barefootrunnerd:
    "No helmet needed on this run, only on some of Biffs"

In...early friday
    '07 fj cruiser
    Built good enough

Updated! Biff, I always had to study by myself...

-Peter

Dang. Lacrosse tournament in Redmond that weekend. Bummer. If for some chance this gets pushed out one week I'd be there. My kids' sports are killing my wilderness time. I'll only have 5 free weekends during summer break. I thought when I had kids they would clean the house, do the yard work and let me sit back and collect huge child welfare checks from the state. It isn't turning out like that at all. I feel daytime TV has mislead me. Anywho, have fun!
    2001 WJ Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L, 3" over stock and still only running 31" tires!

- Bill

Bill, don't worry! We are talking about getting more camping trips on the schedule this summer. Will be doing Summit Lake in August / September too.

-Peter

in for this, I have actually blocked off the time in my calendar
    1997 4runner sr5, 300k mi, slush box, 4x4, and a couple of bolt ons... its a daily driver
    2004 GX470, 130k, slightly tweaked... dont be fooled, this one is the real off roader

gonna attempt to talk the wife and kids into coming along(unless this is a guys trip), though she will have to work on friday. Im thinking about going up thursday night and setting up. -might invite a couple friends or coworkers as well as long as no one is opposed.
    1997 4runner sr5, 300k mi, slush box, 4x4, and a couple of bolt ons... its a daily driver
    2004 GX470, 130k, slightly tweaked... dont be fooled, this one is the real off roader