Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Zero Fracks Given Budget Build Dodge

Quote Originally Posted by cjsrebiff View Post
    So what happened with the wench?
    She was cheating on me, so I left her...
    Andrew
    Grocery Gitter - 2002 Mitsubish Montero Limited
    Wheeler - 2017 Mustang GT P PP
    Daily Driver - 1995 Dodge Ram 1500
    (I have issues)

So then what happened with your weench then?
    Biff - short for Bifford aka - Byph
    There is no best vehicle. It depends on the terrain, tires, driver, luck, and lots of happenstance.
    84 Wagoneer 'Trail Tank' - 35 SSRs, 8274, Detroits, FrankinLift and soft leather.
    Check out my Tank Thread - http://gitout.com/showthread.php?222...ion-Trail-Tank
    barefootrunnerd:
    "No helmet needed on this run, only on some of Biffs"

Quote Originally Posted by cjsrebiff View Post
    So then what happened with your weench then?
    That's still a little close to my heart Biff. Can we talk about my winch instead?
    Andrew
    (I have issues)

Weench is the asian version of winch. (I can say that cuz Monique is Indonesian ), but yes, how did he mount your winch.
    There is no best vehicle. It depends on the terrain, tires, driver, luck, and lots of happenstance.
    84 Wagoneer 'Trail Tank' - 35 SSRs, 8274, Detroits, FrankinLift and soft leather.
    Check out my Tank Thread - http://gitout.com/showthread.php?222...ion-Trail-Tank
    barefootrunnerd:

I'm going to the Fab shop Wednesday. Steve gave me some tips on how to mount it feet down safely and effectively. But I'm still gonna try and go feet forward if I can. Either way is going to require some more fabrication to account for the extra two mounting points.

For those that do not know, the Warn M12,000 winch has six mounting points. Four of them feet forward horizontally. Another two going down vertically.
    Andrew
    (I have issues)

Andrew
    (I have issues)

Lookin ready to use!
    barefootrunnerd:

I'm giving a frack now.
    OK kids, sit down and be quiet. It’s story time. So I’m heading to work yesterday, and as I cross the Glenview Jackson bridge heading south in the Portland, I noticed some smoke coming from the back of my pick up. My first thought was that I blew a head gasket. So I kept watching my gauges oil pressure and water temperature remains good. So I figured I might as well just keep heading for work and park it there and see what’s going on. As I am passing the Glison Street exit I noticed the transmission is starting to get a little bit screwy. There’s some construction going on in a lot of traffic so I decided it’s not the best decision to pull over on the side of interstate 205. As I approach the Powell Boulevard exit my transmission is really good and screwy popping in and out of third and fourth. I get to the light to turn onto Powell I’m waiting there I noticed the smoke is coming out of the engine compartment and not the exhaust. I’m thinking this is probably a good thing, it might be a valve cover gasket. But with the amount of smoke and the way the transmission is all screwy, I decide a bus pull over immediately in a safe place and park it and call a tow truck. I step on the gas in the truck doesn’t go anywhere. I given a lot more gas in the transmission slams in the truck moves forward. I go a block and pull into a parking lot and pull out my phone and started to call roadside assistance. As I’m watching the smoke come out of the hood. My puppy starts to get restless, so I decide to get out but him walk around while I’m on the phone. As I shut my door I noticed something glowing from underneath the truck and I look underneath and there’s burning rubber dripping onto the ground. So I open my hood to find that the engine is on fire. I immediately call 911. At this point I’ve been on the phone with the dispatcher for three or four minutes and all of a sudden my heater core line burst open and put out the flames. Five minutes later the fire truck shows up and put water on the already extinguish fire. Not their fault. But what a day.

Any questions? Oh and there was nothing I could see that started the fire. It’s still a mystery to me and the fire department. Will know more in the shop looks at it. I hope this is covered under my insurance.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Andrew; 04-15-2018 at 11:10 AM.
    Andrew
    (I have issues)

You're insurance company must love you. Sorry that the 4x4 gods aren't looking out for you.
    Living in the wrong state driving the wrong truck, with the wrong tires containing the wrong amount of air pressure. The wrong bumper holding the wrong winch and using the wrong recovery equipment the wrong way. The wrong lights. The wrong jack. The wrong tent. The wrong sleeping bag. The wrong stove and the wrong cooler. Still having a great time!

Bummer. Glad you and the pup are safe. Car fires can get real nasty real quick.
    Larrie
    "A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points but it is by no means the most interesting." Jon Pertwee, as Dr. Who in The Time Warrior.

Current project - 1943 Willys MB, this is going to take a while.
    Solo travel and daily driver - 2004 Toyota 4Runner
    Extended trips with family - 2002 Ford E350 with CCV top and home built interior