Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Sprinter RV - The Travel Home!

Cool 2010 Sprinter RV - The Travel Home!

This is the camper replacement vehicle. Looking to use it for traveling full time next year.

20170804_194721.jpg

2010 Winnebago View (Sprinter 3500 chassis). 52k miles. It is one of the better built RV style vehicles using a sprinter cutaway. Full fiberglass front cap and rear. Fiberglass roof that overlaps sides. Aluminum welded framing wall/ceiling/floor. 170" Wheelbase. 54 Ft turning circle. 90" wide (more room than van but 12" narrower than most RVs). 24ft Long. It drives like a car. Corners surprisingly well.

It has plenty of space and storage. Biggest challenge is the low height. I'm testing the limits... Drove over 400 miles this weekend with a decent amount of FS roads. I'd like to do a 4WD conversion but after hearing negative things about Whitefeather, I'm talking with Sprinter Store about their upcoming conversion.

Just ran the first tank through driving over Santiam Pass (twice) and McKenzie river area. 16.8 mpg.

Ordered the Green Diesel Engineering programming. Will be bumping power, mpg and removing emission bs. So it will be able to run bio diesel and LSD. Mexico adventure ready soon!

Will be testing this for a few months before any major changes. Will be looking at Solar, Batteries, Aux Water Tank and Possibly Compressor Fridge.
    2010 Winnie View - Tuned, 31" Duratrac, 2" Lift, ARB Dual Compressor, 920W Solar, Compressor Fridge/Freezer
    1998 Tacoma - 37s, ARBs, Dual Cases and Blower.
    1998 Ravi - Manual, 2DR, Convertible!

-Peter

well that's unexpected. But **** cool!!
    -Lance
    --Red FJ
    ---KG7ZZB

24 ft!!! You have room for kids and a wife now! ;-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    ~Rodney
    '05 LJ Rubicon. 3.75" suspension + 1.25" body lift with Currie adjustable links tuned to fit 35" MTRs.

Quote Originally Posted by AEV_LJ View Post
    24 ft!!! You have room for kids and a wife now! ;-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    No plan for kids. But it does have lots of space.
    2010 Winnie View - Tuned, 31" Duratrac, 2" Lift, ARB Dual Compressor, 920W Solar, Compressor Fridge/Freezer

-Peter

Quote Originally Posted by venturer View Post
    No plan for kids. But it does have lots of space.
    I rent mine out if need be. Various ages, styles and personalities. All are off road enthusiasts.
    Biff - short for Bifford aka - Byph
    There is no best vehicle. It depends on the terrain, tires, driver, luck, and lots of happenstance.
    84 Wagoneer 'Trail Tank' - 35 SSRs, 8274, Detroits, FrankinLift and soft leather.
    Check out my Tank Thread - http://gitout.com/showthread.php?222...ion-Trail-Tank
    barefootrunnerd:
    "No helmet needed on this run, only on some of Biffs"

Quote Originally Posted by cjsrebiff View Post
    I rent mine out if need be. Various ages, styles and personalities. All are off road enthusiasts.
    Ill pay you to take mine. Much better deal than Biff is offering.

I'll throw in two cats!
    -Lance
    --Red FJ
    ---KG7ZZB

So many great offers! Could be a full ride... HAHA

-Peter

I've run the GDE programming for several tanks. It has been averaging 17mpg. Just pulled the DPF and installed new tune. Now, it's ready for Mexico or whatever diesel out there. Hoping mileage increase a bit too. Working on electrical system: solar, batteries, compressor fridge, air compressor and bunch more.

Scheduled 2" Van Compass lift next month (front only). Will do custom rear leafs. Waiting on Agile Off Road for new Fox Adjustable Struts. That should give 1.5" lift. Will lift the rear 4". Custom wheel spacers will increase the rear track by 5" (overall). Will do Fox or another performance shock in the rear.

Those hydraulic self leveling jacks are somewhat cool. Can control them individually or linked. Lifted the front tires off the ground in 20 seconds. No need for a manual jack. Would have never paid the $4-5k for this system but dang... it's cool.

Tire size is really limited due to the wheels (or lack of option for wheels). The dually has 5.5" wide wheels. I was planning on 235/85R16 Ko2 tires. However, Discount Tire won't install. BFG requires 6" width minimum. So, back to looking at stock size options. 30.5" Tire. Unfortunately, the best options in that size are the Duratrac and Toyo Open Country C/T. My criteria is 3 ply sidewall and Snowflake Rated.

-Peter

very cool. I admire you being in a position to try a rig for awhile and switch things up every now and than!
    robb

1994 4Runner - Work In Progress aka: project Recycle

Wheel Responsibly