Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: July 2-4, 2018 | California | Rubicon Trail

Trail Leader
    Oh, and I agree with everything Rodney said about entering via the lake. It definitely throws you head first into the Rubicon experience in an epic way.
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ - 4" Superlift + 1" BL, Currie CAs, 4:1 T-Case, OX locked HP30 front with OX locked 8.8 rear, 35" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ, Color: TBD, maybe I'll keep it clean enough that you can tell. Maybe not!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
    Oh, and I agree with everything Rodney said
    Hey Rodney, you got yourself a "yes man" how'd you do that?
    Biff - short for Bifford aka - Byph
    There is no best vehicle. It depends on the terrain, tires, driver, luck, and lots of happenstance.
    84 Wagoneer 'Trail Tank' - 35 SSRs, 8274, Detroits, FrankinLift and soft leather.
    Check out my Tank Thread - http://gitout.com/showthread.php?222...ion-Trail-Tank
    barefootrunnerd:
    "No helmet needed on this run, only on some of Biffs"

^^^Great minds think alike! :-)

4th year in a row helps too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    ~Rodney
    '05 LJ Rubicon. 3.75" suspension + 1.25" body lift with Currie adjustable links tuned to fit 35" MTRs.

Trail Leader
    Rut roh. Need to nip this reputation in the butt before people hear I'm looking at LJs.
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ - 4" Superlift + 1" BL, Currie CAs, 4:1 T-Case, OX locked HP30 front with OX locked 8.8 rear, 35" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ, Color: TBD, maybe I'll keep it clean enough that you can tell. Maybe not!

Time for a Scooby Snack?
    Biff - short for Bifford aka - Byph
    There is no best vehicle. It depends on the terrain, tires, driver, luck, and lots of happenstance.
    84 Wagoneer 'Trail Tank' - 35 SSRs, 8274, Detroits, FrankinLift and soft leather.
    Check out my Tank Thread - http://gitout.com/showthread.php?222...ion-Trail-Tank
    barefootrunnerd:
    "No helmet needed on this run, only on some of Biffs"

Sorry folks, but we are not going to make it. We're moving to Ellensburg WA. We are going to be moving around the same time. But in the future, if anyone wants to visit Naches, hit me up. It'll be right down the road

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Times are a chaning

Trail Leader
    Got a new toy that we can use to find Mike when he wanders off too far. I knew I'd find a way to fill the extra space in the LJ!

drone.jpg

^^^...or my daughter's when they run ahead to our campsite while we're still coming up Big Sluice!

This is going to be epic! :-)

And the is still room: Peter, David, Dave (I confirmed that there are airports in New York :-))
    Last edited by AEV_LJ; 06-12-2018 at 09:28 AM.
    ~Rodney
    '05 LJ Rubicon. 3.75" suspension + 1.25" body lift with Currie adjustable links tuned to fit 35" MTRs.

Hey Rodney! I'm in Arizona finishing another rental house. Then my brother decided to get married. So have a "get married" event on July 3rd. Fun.
    2010 Winnie View - Tuned, 31" Duratrac, 2" Lift, ARB Dual Compressor, 920W Solar, Compressor Fridge/Freezer
    1998 Tacoma - 37s, ARBs, Dual Cases and Blower.
    1998 Ravi - Manual, 2DR, Convertible!

-Peter

Brothers can be fickle! ;-)

We are all gearing up for the Rubicon next week. The bad news is that that loose thing in my front end turned out to be ball joints. It got worse when over the weekend I couldn't find anything of quality for less than $350 locally. The good news is that Amazon delivered Spicer ball joints for $110 today and Vinnie and I got them installed in less than 3 hours this evening! :-) I'm thankful Vinny had the tools and had recently done his own, so he knew exactly what to do!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    ~Rodney