Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trxus Mt or Irok Radial? Change my Mind

Quote Originally Posted by Weiler View Post
    Looks like if your snow wheelin consists of school parking lots, the trx is perfect
    Make sure it's flat. You don't corner hard. And certainly no hills.

The best tires are winter tires. Second best are snowflake rated tires. Ko2 are hard to beat for 99% of driving. Duratrac are a good alternative. I'm running them on my RV as the Ko2s don't make the skinny 31s.

I've owned 4 sets of the ko2s (4 rigs) and 2 sets of Duratracs (2 rigs). Ko2 are quieter. Wear better. Bit stronger construction. Less rocks picked up in the tread. Both do great on road and snow. Both very similar in mud (which is just marginally less than MT tires - takes more wheel spin). Both are better than any MT tire overall.

Some of the other tires I've run: Bias TSL Swampers, BFG KO, BFG KM, BFG KM2, Toyo MT, Toyo AT, ST Maxx, Destination MT, Goodyear MTR, Michelin and various others.

Most more extreme tires like Irok or sticky tires are good for purpose built rigs... trailer rock crawlers. All tires are a compromise. Just need to decide what you value most.
    2010 Winnie View - Tuned, 31" Duratrac, 2" Lift, ARB Dual Compressor, 920W Solar, Compressor Fridge/Freezer
    1998 Tacoma - 37s, ARBs, Dual Cases and Blower.
    1998 Ravi - Manual, 2DR, Convertible!

-Peter

Can't go wrong with Duratrac and KO2. Both tires are very dependable off the road.

Quote Originally Posted by jerron View Post
    Can't go wrong with Duratrac and KO2. Both tires are very dependable off the road.
    No offense meant but I think our idea of a true off road tire probably differs a little.

Update:. I bought the iroks.. Have them all mounted with DIY internal double beadlocks. Have a whole 60 dollars each into the locks. Now we just need some snow so I can actually try them.

^^^ $60 DIY internal bead locks? I'm intrigued! Do you have any pics or details to share?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    ~Rodney
    '05 LJ Rubicon. 3.75" suspension + 1.25" body lift with Currie adjustable links tuned to fit 35" MTRs.

Quote Originally Posted by AEV_LJ View Post
    ^^^ $60 DIY internal bead locks? I'm intrigued! Do you have any pics or details to share?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Sure. I will start a new thread maybe tomorrow with some pictures.

37 iroks radials at 3psi are amazing in the snow. At eight they are amazing in muddy rocks. Glad I went that way.

KIMG0333.jpg