Thread: May 27, 2018 | Oregon | Cline Buttes

Trail Leader

May 27, 2018 | Oregon | Cline Buttes

When: Sunday, May 27, 2018
    Destination: Central Oregon - Cline Buttes OHV Park
    Meeting Time: 9:45. Roll out at 10am.
    Meeting Place: North Barr Trailhead, Cline Buttes OHV Park, 44.288193, -121.336060 (apprx)

Permits Required: Oregon ATV Sticker
    Communication: CB &/or HAM radio (CB channel 20 or HAM 146.460)
    Vehicle requirements:
    • A well kept and functioning rig with some aggressive all terrains or mud terrain tires should be adequate, tough side walls and sliders are very highly recommended!
    • Recovery gear of one form or another: Tow straps, shackles, high lift etc...... You will likely use it!
    • A FULL SIZE SPARE!!! preferably one that matches your other tires!! Means to change a flat tire, even if that is the stock bottle jack and tire iron (make sure your tire iron fits)
    • TOW POINTS FRONT AND REAR!!!, and knowledge of where they are.

Maps/Resources:

Juan's Jeep needs some pre-Rubicon Trail break in, and I haven't introduced my LJ to Cline Buttes.
    Trail plan: Try and hit as much of 16, 14, 17, and 34 as time will permit.
    Maybe something like 37 -> 49 -> 27 -> 16 -> 14 -> 17 -> 32 -> 27 -> 34 ->37?
    Expect some exciting trails with sharp rocks, off camber situations & an opportunity to scratch up your undercarriage.
    Expect some type of Damage to your vehicle. This is an unforgiving place. You have been warned!!!

A busy weekend like Memorial day wouldn't have been my first choice, but it's the only choice that works. It would be a good idea to stay within earshot of a CB (20)/HAM radio (146.460) while gathering up to help find each other.

Who's Coming:
    • Vinnie (Black '05 LJ on 35s)
    • Juan ('98 TJ on 35s)
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ - 4" Superlift, Currie CAs, 35" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ, OX Front and Rear Lockers, Color: TBD, maybe I'll keep it clean enough that you can tell. Maybe not!

Well, here is the thing, the Jeep is still in the shop! only time would tell if I can actually make it to this.

A little background on the why is in the shop. I was able to find a totaled 2003 Rubicon for a good price, so I decided to take it to do some upgrades to my 98. Took the transmission and Np241OR TC, as well as the locked D44 axles, it has been quiet a project as jeep time has struck time and time again , only time and trails would tell if this was a good idea .
    ____ ooo
    [_|_,[___],
    [--|_|- OlllllllO-
    ( )_) ( )_)-)_)

^^^ looking for a build thread...

P.S. you need 2 more grill slots in your Jeep sig.
    Last edited by cjsrebiff; 05-15-2018 at 08:22 PM.
    Biff - short for Bifford aka - Byph
    There is no best vehicle. It depends on the terrain, tires, driver, luck, and lots of happenstance.
    84 Wagoneer 'Trail Tank' - 35 SSRs, 8274, Detroits, FrankinLift and soft leather.
    Check out my Tank Thread - http://gitout.com/showthread.php?222...ion-Trail-Tank
    barefootrunnerd:
    "No helmet needed on this run, only on some of Biffs"

...Fence...
    There is no best vehicle. It depends on the terrain, tires, driver, luck, and lots of happenstance.
    84 Wagoneer 'Trail Tank' - 35 SSRs, 8274, Detroits, FrankinLift and soft leather.
    Check out my Tank Thread - http://gitout.com/showthread.php?222...ion-Trail-Tank
    barefootrunnerd:

I will work on something soon... just not sure how much detail to add since it has been a roller coaster of things to do...
    ____ ooo
    [_|_,[___],
    [--|_|- OlllllllO-
    ( )_) ( )_)-)_)

____ ooo
    [_|_,[___],
    [--|_|- OlllllllO-
    ( )_) ( )_)-)_)

Off fence, I didnt realize we were going up to Portland for Corbins Bday.
    barefootrunnerd: