Thread: axle bearing press

axle bearing press

I need to press on some bearings onto my rear axle shafts. My access to a hydraulic press fell through today. I called Paceway to see if they would press them on and they wanted $100. For $100 I can go buy a Harbor freight press and I didn't feel like spending another $100. So I was wondering if anyone here close to Hillsboro had one that I could use to press on my bearings? Thanks in advance.
    96' Jeep Cherokee XJ, 4.5" LA Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT,s, Or-fab rock crawler bumper, 9500# Smittybuilt winch,

Adam/KG7ZDX

Trail Leader
    Every time I need something pressed, I say I should just build one or buy one from HF... and I don't... Repeat. If I had more room I'd have one.
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ - 4" Superlift + 1" BL, Currie CAs, 4:1 T-Case, OX locked HP30 front with OX locked 8.8 rear, 35" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ, Color: TBD, maybe I'll keep it clean enough that you can tell. Maybe not!

I've used this guy once. He works out of his home and was about $40 to press on my rear axle wheel bearings.

Steve Auto repair
    Work (503) 516-3570
    Home
    2525 Sw 204th Ave Aloha OR 97006

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    ~Rodney
    '05 LJ Rubicon. 3.75" suspension + 1.25" body lift with Currie adjustable links tuned to fit 35" MTRs.

Adam, sent you a PM. I've got one of the HF presses (12ton version if I remember right) you're welcome to come use if you still need it.
    ================================================== ================================
    KG7GMP --- 2003 Nissan Xterra S/C in Atomic Orange
    3" suspension lift, 2" body lift, Total Chaos steering, Shrockworks front bumper+sliders+skids+rear bumper/tire-carrier
    ARB compressor+front locker+rear locker, Warn XD9000, 33's, 3.7:1 tcase, HAM w/ APRS, CB.