Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: February 16, 2019 | Oregon | Olallie Lake Snow Run

Less than 2 weeks to go, time to stir up some more interest for this run. There is fresh snow in the hills with more forecast for this weekend, and throughout next week! There's hope for this run after all.

For those of you in group 2, a set (or two) of tire chains might be a good idea to bring along. If it's still icy on the ridge, that might be our best chance of getting across.

Who else want to join in?
    Last edited by Bowhunter; 02-05-2019 at 10:51 PM.
    Robin.
    Gray 93 YJ - Slightly modified.

Today's snow conditions were epic with more snow and cold forecasted for the next 7 days. We won't talk about what the long term says. Things are looking up though.

Finally got some winter weather! I’m super excited about the run for many reasons! But mostly to Gitout with you guys! Camping is gonna be awesome !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Rig---2000 Chevrolet ZR2 Blazer

Are you sleeping in a tent or in your suburban?
    Andrew
    Grocery Gitter - 2002 Mitsubish Montero Limited
    Wheeler - 2017 Mustang GT P PP
    Daily Driver - 1995 Dodge Ram 1500
    (I have issues)

You can take me off the fence and add me and the kids to group #2. I'll bring my chains just in case to make is across Pucker Ridge.
    Last edited by AEV_LJ; 02-07-2019 at 05:55 PM.
    ~Rodney
    '05 LJ Rubicon. 3.75" suspension + 1.25" body lift with Currie adjustable links tuned to fit 35" MTRs.

I love it up there, but I still have a big hole where my engine is sposed to be. I'm out.
    Biff - short for Bifford aka - Byph
    There is no best vehicle. It depends on the terrain, tires, driver, luck, and lots of happenstance.
    84 Wagoneer 'Trail Tank' - 35 SSRs, 8274, Detroits, FrankinLift and soft leather.
    Check out my Tank Thread - http://gitout.com/showthread.php?222...ion-Trail-Tank
    barefootrunnerd:
    "No helmet needed on this run, only on some of Biffs"

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Are you sleeping in a tent or in your suburban?
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsrebiff View Post
    I love it up there, but I still have a big hole where my engine is sposed to be. I'm out.
    Andy- I’ll be sleeping cozy and warm in my Suburban

Biff and Family- Dang Was hoping I’d get to see you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Rig---2000 Chevrolet ZR2 Blazer

I was hoping to see you too Biff. Is the Commander trail worthy enough for group 1?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    ~Rodney
    '05 LJ Rubicon. 3.75" suspension + 1.25" body lift with Currie adjustable links tuned to fit 35" MTRs.

The Commander would probably have enough traction for group 1, but it has no recovery points. They are in a box still. Wont build this one til Tank is gone. I could buy some different tires for my Grand Cherokee though. Hmmm...
    Last edited by cjsrebiff; 02-09-2019 at 10:53 AM.
    Biff - short for Bifford aka - Byph
    There is no best vehicle. It depends on the terrain, tires, driver, luck, and lots of happenstance.
    84 Wagoneer 'Trail Tank' - 35 SSRs, 8274, Detroits, FrankinLift and soft leather.
    Check out my Tank Thread - http://gitout.com/showthread.php?222...ion-Trail-Tank
    barefootrunnerd:
    "No helmet needed on this run, only on some of Biffs"

I don't think a lack of snow is going to be the issue this weekend. Nice pick of a weekend. I am going to bow out of camping this weekend to spend some time with my family but will be there Saturday morning at 9 for a day run. Looking forward to it. Should be interesting.