Thread: Aug 4-6, 2019 | California | Rubicon Trail

Aug 4-6, 2019 | California | Rubicon Trail

The 5th annual Rubicon trip is officially on the books! This will be a smaller group run with more extensive requirements than usual, so please read the details below. I'd love to see a few more Gitout members join us this year. If you think you have what it takes to efficiently get through the torture test that is the Rubicon Trail, post below!

When: Sunday Aug 4th - Tues Aug 6th, 2019
    Destination: Tahoe, CA - Rubicon Trail
    Meeting Time: 8:30 am
    Meeting Place: Walmart (near the Starbucks), 5494 Crossings Drive, Rocklin, CA 95677 (Hwy 80 @ Sierra College Blvd.)

Alternate Meeting Place: @8:45 am = Auburn Valero, 1650 Lincoln Way, Auburn, CA 95603

Permits Required: Valid License & Registration
    Communication: HAM radio 146.460
    Vehicle requirements:
    A minimum of 33″ tires & at least 1 locker (2 lockers recommended or 1 locker + traction control), tow points, skid plates, rocker panel protection and HAM Radios are mandatory requirements
    -A well kept and functioning rig, recovery gear including Tow straps, shackles, high lift etc., A FULL SIZE SPARE!!! preferably one that matches your other tires!! Means to change a flat tire, even if that is the stock bottle jack and tire iron (make sure your tire iron fits) &; spare valve stems (we lost 3 valve stems in 2017!)
    ^^PLEASE SEE ALL EVENT RULES AND REQUIRED ITEMS AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE IN YELLOW^^

Trail plan:
    We will be running the trail from Loon Lake all the way through to Tahoe. We will camp along the trail for 2 nights (but plan for 3 just in case something happens).
    This is a very fun trail that has constant challenges from the beginning until you get to the top of Cadillac Hill.

Who is coming (Maximum of 8 vehicles)
    1) AEV_LJ - Rodney + my 2 daughters - Wrangler LJ on 35s
    2) Vinnie (A.K.A. the Entertainer) & Mike - Wrangler TJ...now on 1 Tons & 40s
    3) Dave - JKU on 35s
    4) open
    5) open
    6) open
    7) open
    8) open

And here is the video from 2017 to wet your appetite!
    Last edited by AEV_LJ; 07-29-2019 at 02:41 PM.
    ~Rodney
    '05 LJ Rubicon. 3.75" suspension + 1.25" body lift with Currie adjustable links tuned to fit 35" MTRs.

90% sure I'm going to this, might bring a friend.

2014 Wrangler Rubicon 2dr
    Gradual de-stocking: skid plates, rock hard front bumper, smitty winch.

I'm undecided on whether we are going to do a straight shot on Saturday from Portland vs leave Friday after work and get some number of hours in.

If anyone is up for driving tandem, and was thinking about one of those plans, I'm up to suggestion.
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ on 40" MTRs. King Pin Dana 60 with RCVs. Shaved 14 bolt. ARBs. King 14" coilovers. Busted knuckle links.

I'll leave Friday as early as possible, since I'm trying to get some down time at my mom's house in California before we hit the Rubicon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    ~Rodney
    '05 LJ Rubicon. 3.75" suspension + 1.25" body lift with Currie adjustable links tuned to fit 35" MTRs.

I will be leaving around noon on Friday. If all goes as planned, that'll give me a day of downtime before we hit the trail on Sunday morning.

~Rodney

Now that Mike is going, we are going to just leave moderately early Saturday morning.
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ on 40" MTRs. King Pin Dana 60 with RCVs. Shaved 14 bolt. ARBs. King 14" coilovers. Busted knuckle links.

Excellent! I'm glad to hear that Mike will be able to make it again.

~Rodney

Drive safe this weekend and have fun, I look forward to the trail report next week
    96' Jeep Cherokee XJ, 4.5" LA Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT,s, Or-fab rock crawler bumper, 9500# Smittybuilt winch,

Adam/KG7ZDX

Trip report, pics and videos will be posted here: http://gitout.com/showthread.php?319...3672#post53672
    ~Rodney