Thread: Aug 18-22, 2019 l Utah l MOAB!!!

Aug 18-22, 2019 l Utah l MOAB!!!

I've dreamed about going to Moab for years and it is finally moving past the dreaming phase into detailed planning! We expect to get to Maob on Saturday night Aug 17th so that we can start hitting trails on Aug 18th. We will have 5 full days in Moab to explore various trails, hike at Arches National Park, etc.

When: Sunday Aug 18th - Thurs Aug 22nd, 2019
    Destination: Moab, UT
    Meeting Time: TBD - Daily Aug 18 - Aug 22
    Meeting Place: Moab Valley RV Resort

Permits Required: TBD
    Communication: HAM radio 146.460
    Vehicle requirements:
    - A minimum of 32″ tires & at least 1 locker (2 lockers recommended or 1 locker + traction control), tow points, skid plates, rocker panel protection and HAM Radios are mandatory requirements
    -A well kept and functioning rig, recovery gear including Tow straps, shackles, high lift etc., A FULL SIZE SPARE!!! preferably one that matches your other tires!! Means to change a flat tire, even if that is the stock bottle jack and tire iron (make sure your tire iron fits) &; spare valve stems (we lost 3 valve stems in 2017!)
    ^^PLEASE SEE ALL EVENT RULES AND REQUIRED ITEMS AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE IN YELLOW^^

Additional Requirements: Bring extra water! It will be hot and we will all need to stay hydrated. At this moment, I'm intending to bring my windows to run the AC while in the vehicle.

Trail plans: TBD - Some days will be extreme and some more scenic

Who is coming (Maximum of 8 vehicles)
    1) AEV_LJ - Rodney + my 2 daughters - Wrangler LJ on 35s
    2) Vinnie (A.K.A. the Entertainer) - Wrangler LJ...soon to be on 1 Tons & 40s
    3) Juan Wrangler TJ on 35s
    4) Dave Wrangler JK on 35s
    5) open
    6) open
    7) open
    8) open
    Last edited by AEV_LJ; 05-14-2019 at 08:06 PM.
    ~Rodney
    '05 LJ Rubicon. 3.75" suspension + 1.25" body lift with Currie adjustable links tuned to fit 35" MTRs.

Vinnie and I have booked cabins at Moab Valley RV Resort from Aug 17th - Aug 23rd.
    ~Rodney
    '05 LJ Rubicon. 3.75" suspension + 1.25" body lift with Currie adjustable links tuned to fit 35" MTRs.

I'm planning on joining you... it's possible that I might have to change plans, but I'd say it's 80% at this point.

2014 Wrangler Rubicon 2dr
    Gradual de-stocking: skid plates, rock hard front bumper, smitty winch.

That's great Dave! It is going to be an adventure, that's for sure.

Juan just told me that he's confirmed, so we may have 4 rigs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    ~Rodney