Thread: Oregon l Tillamook State Forest l OBH run

Oregon l Tillamook State Forest l OBH run

A friend organized a run to TSF yesterday from an old group that hasn't been active for about 5 years. It was good to see some old friends and meet new people. It turns out that 6 of us are also on Gitout, so I thought I'd share some pics and videos here.

We went in at Lyda Camp and had some heavy snow to play in. No one had been up to Archers since recent snowfall, so we got to break trail and cut trees along the way. We played around Can Opener and made it up Rocky Uphill, which was a blast! On the way back to Lyda Camp, I avoided a large branch that may have cut my soft top and ended up sliding into the ditch. After trying to get out a few times Vinnie suggested that I just drive forward (into what I now know was likely a culvert). It seemed logical at the time, but I ended up with my front right fully buried in the mud and my top laying on the snow on the uphill side. Good times and luckily no damage!

Here is a video of Robin (Bowhunter) breaking trail at the top of Rocky Uphill:
    ~Rodney
    '05 LJ Rubicon. 3.75" suspension + 1.25" body lift with Currie adjustable links tuned to fit 35" MTRs.

Here are my pics

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    ~Rodney
    '05 LJ Rubicon. 3.75" suspension + 1.25" body lift with Currie adjustable links tuned to fit 35" MTRs.

And here are a few more pics & videos from my Google Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/tcuQQd4fsbvPkivAA
    ~Rodney

That ditch looks sketchy! Glad you made it out.
    2010 Winnie View - Tuned, 31" Duratrac, 2" Lift, ARB Dual Compressor, 920W Solar, Compressor Fridge/Freezer
    1998 Tacoma - 37s, ARBs, Dual Cases and Blower.
    1998 Ravi - Manual, 2DR, Convertible!

-Peter

Nice pics and vids. Now I miss playing in the snow with my rig.

It was a good day! I love all four seasons around here. What kind of vehicle do you drive?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    ~Rodney