Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: California | Rubicon Trail l Aug 4-6, 2019

^^^No. Tom Woods in the front and something else in the rear that AEV installed.

Nice view!
    ~Rodney
    '05 LJ Rubicon. 3.75" suspension + 1.25" body lift with Currie adjustable links tuned to fit 35" MTRs.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsrebiff View Post
    Bummer on the ARB. It seems for the price they charge, there are always leaks which shouldn't be. Unless it was an install issue. The shop going to work with you on that?
    Unfortunately, this is the 2nd issue I've had with this new locker. The first one was a defective air collar that was clogged from day one, probably with solder from assembly. The guy who installed it forgot to test it after installing and didn't notice. When I took it back to him, ARB happily overnighted him a replacement under warranty, but they only cover labor when it's ARB's fault (which is was). He sent them the old part for their inspection and they stiffed him anyway. This is the second time ARB has stiffed him. So in his words, he is "disgusted with them and will not be working with or on any more ARB products." So I'm having to go to someone who is not the original installer, so they aren't working with me in any useful way.
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ on 40" MTRs. King Pin Dana 60 with RCVs. Shaved 14 bolt. ARBs. King 14" coilovers. Busted knuckle links.

Great trip report! Did you make it to Fordyce? I'm heading down there next month. Anyone for take 2??

I've had 3 or 4 rigs with ARB lockers. Key is to pressure test on install before full assembly (make sure it holds for 10-20 min). And pressure test before buttoning everything up. Good air line routing (use rubber hose around line at attachment points to avoid rubbing) and avoid heat. Once installed properly I've had no issues for years... benefits are fantastic, easy to operate (push a button) and crazy fast engagement. Also they don't have the issues disengaging that most electric units do. Essentially, it takes extra effort to setup but joy to use.
    2010 Winnie View - Tuned, 31" Duratrac, 2" Lift, ARB Dual Compressor, 920W Solar, Compressor Fridge/Freezer
    1998 Tacoma - 37s, ARBs, Dual Cases and Blower.
    1998 Ravi - Manual, 2DR, Convertible!

-Peter

We were going to try and run Fordyce, but the dam water flow was I think 320 cfs. After some Googling it sounds like if you know the line and don't mind flooding your Jeep, 320 is passable without hydrolocking... but we don't know the line well and have Moab next week. So we deferred to next year.
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ on 40" MTRs. King Pin Dana 60 with RCVs. Shaved 14 bolt. ARBs. King 14" coilovers. Busted knuckle links.

I just finished the trip report. Here is a picture of the Blue Hole that the girls and I stopped by on our way out on day 3.
    Last edited by AEV_LJ; 08-12-2019 at 04:32 PM.
    ~Rodney
    '05 LJ Rubicon. 3.75" suspension + 1.25" body lift with Currie adjustable links tuned to fit 35" MTRs.

Quote Originally Posted by AEV_LJ View Post
    I just finished the trip report. Here is a picture of the Blue Hole that the girls and I stopped by on our way out on day 3.
    As always...great trip report. That looks like a miniature Crater Lake!!!
    96' Jeep Cherokee XJ, 4.5" LA Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT,s, Or-fab rock crawler bumper, 9500# Smittybuilt winch,

Adam/KG7ZDX